Becoming Period Confident
"One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals."- Michelle Obama
How many times have the women been told to not do something because they were on their periods? How many times they have been told that they must have been on their period because they were opinionated? Well, it happens most of the times and usually because of the stigma that is attached to it. Senitta supports every woman out there who is trying to transcend the mundane. Many a times a woman feels too uncomfortable to go about her usual day during the bleeding days. This could be due to excessive pain. Or the fear of leakage, rashes, or infections. The courageous women we read and hear about did not let anything control them or influence them to make decisions based on fear. They dared to perform a risk-taking and rule breaking action that changed their lives completely. Talk about Kalpana Chawla, who died a hero, inspiring young girls to go after their goals.
But we understand the daily struggles of being a woman. And trust us when we say, Senitta listened to your problems and is here to provide you with not only anti-bacterial, anti-rash, dioxin-free, and high absorbent sanitary napkins for your five days, but with tips, tricks and motivations for you to stay healthy and transcend all boundaries. You do you, girl!
Here are a few pro-tips on how to take care of yourself during your periods, such that nothing can stop you from achieving your goals:
- Easy exercising is recommended because unlike the popular notion, sitting still or lying down continuously can worsen the pain. You can stretch a little, walk around, or go dancing with your girlfriends!
- Heating pad is your best friend as it helps with the pain. Put it on your belly for sometime and it will soothe your muscles. Once you feel better, go back and hustle!
- Have a relationship with nature. Go to parks for a walk or gardens. Surround yourself with nature if you can. It not only uplifts your mood but also rejuvenises your spirit.
- Water is an elixir, really. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. This can also help with the unnecessary bloating. If you find water boring, here’s a tip: Drink flavoured water. Add cucumber and mint to it. Or lemon and honey. Experiment till you get the taste you like!
- Keeping a good diet is recommended. Junk food cravings do not help. Eat vegetables and fruits and avoid too much salt and sugar. Try healthier snacks like baked sweet potato and smoothies.
- Even when you don’t need much sleep, your body does. Getting good sleep can keep you more focused towards your work and your health.
- Say no to caffeine as they are the benefactor of the pain. It causes water retention and bloating. Have more herbal tea, flavoured water, or just plain water. Prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolates.
- Use period tracker to plan ahead.
- Consult your gynaecologist if you need painkillers and choose the right sanitary pads to provide you greater comfort.
- Lastly, believe in yourself. Be bold forever because you are beautiful.
Senitta understands that those five days are no fun and hence these simple tips that you can follow requires no excess amount of time, just your attention. You take care of your health while Senitta provides you with a chemical free, biodegradable alternative to all your menstruation related problems. Senitta has its own period tracker that you can use to keep up with your periods and a convenience to order online or through the app. We wish you a healthy and safe period!